Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Spending their lives in service to God’s people...

As I read my Bible in a Year this morning, I was once again amazed by the words I'd found there.

Job 22:2-3 says, "Can a person do anything to help God? Can even a wise person be helpful to him? Is it any advantage to the Almighty if you are righteous? Would it be any gain to him if you were perfect?"
(NLT)

So, what do we mean when we say we are the hands and feet of God? Really? I mean it sounds good, but maybe that's the problem. It sounds too good...too good for us anyway! God is at work with or without me. God is. Almighty. If God is Almighty, what can I add to God? Nothing. God is.

Here's what I can do. I can do what the members of the household of Stephanas (the first converts in Achaia) did, they spent their lives in service to God's people. (1 Corinthians 16:15) Will it add to who God is? No. Will it make me the hands and feet of God? No. Will it humble me? Will it put hands and feet on my love for my Savior? Will it transform me into the person God created me to be? Yes. Yes. Yes.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments: